One of the favorite times of the golf season for players and fans alike are the four days of the US Open. This year has not lacked in excitement or grandeur in preparation for opening day. To make sure you have the complete background on what is going to make the 116th US Open so unique we have created a list of the top news pieces precluding today’s tee off.
- This year the US Open will be played at Oakmont Country Club in Pennsylvania. This tournament has claimed Oakmont as its home 8 times previously. The course was designed by Henry Fownes with the USGA rating of 77.8 and a Slope Rating of 148.
- Jordan Spieth from Dallas, Texas won the US Open in 2015 becoming the youngest player to do so sense 1923. Spieth is one of the top players to watch these upcoming days.
- The US Open will receive A LOT of media coverage with 122 ½ hours of live streaming coverage on us.open.com and the U.S. Open app.
- Besides all the talk revolving around Jordan Spieth, Tiger Woods announced he would not be playing this year. There will also be 11 amateur playing along side big names like Phil Mickelson, Rickie Fowler, Dustin Johnson, Rory Mcilroy, and Jason Day.
- Lastly, to catch you up completely today weather at Oakmont is a little stormy therefore play has been suspended two times already.
Here is to hoping for a clearing in the clouds and some exciting play in the upcoming days at Oakmont.